Sometimes, we need a quick and easy lunch idea (or even a light dinner). This is one of them! The good thing is that this sandwich tastes great at room temperature too, so feel free to make more and take one with you to work! Add a green salad or a delicious carrot salad and you’ve got yourself a delicious and nutritious meal, that was made in 10 minutes!
Roasted Beet, Mushrooms, Spinach and Garlic Vegan Sandwich
- 2 large slices raw organic beet (about 1/4” to 1/3” thick)
- 8 medium-size organic cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced (or a mix of various mushrooms you like)
- a big handful of organic spinach, washed
- 1 clove of organic garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. high quality organic extra virgin cooking olive oil
- pinch unrefined grey sea salt
- 2 slices of organic multigrain bread, toasted (I used buckwheat-whole wheat mix)
Warm 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat (you can go a little higher if you want, but be careful that the oil doesn’t start smoking). Place the beet slices in the pan and grill each side (1-2 min each side), put aside in a plate. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and sauté all the mushrooms in the pan for about 4-5 min or until they are grilled to your taste, reduce the temperature to low-medium heat, add the spinach and the minced garlic, cover with a lid and wait 30-45 seconds. Mix. Add a pinch or two of sea salt, mix.
To assemble the sandwich, simply place the beet slices on top of one toast, then add the mushroom-spinach mixture on top and place the other toast on top. If you are not a vegan, you could add some goat feta cheese crumbles in the sandwich, it tastes delicious!