It’s the weekend! Yay! We have a special recipe for you today to kick the weekend right! A super duper healthy smoothie that will make your salad blush! Special Saturday Smoothie: Super Healthy Chocolate Turmeric Beet Smoothie!
I’ve been having a lot of fun using my Vitamix S55 from Williams-Sonoma, and making smoothie has been kicked up a notch, given how powerful this little machine is. You can throw almost any veggies and fruits in there and it’ll come out smooth and creamy. OMG. Delicious. And this smoothie was made in about 30 seconds!!! Real. fast. food. I was amazed at how fast everything was liquefied, including raw beets and spinach. Cleaning it after is just as fast and efficient (which is pretty awesome, because who wants to spend 10 minutes cleaning a blender??).
So, I was looking in my fridge earlier this week and realized that I have a lot of local organic beets to use… and voila! This awesome smoothie was born! This is not just any smoothie, it is naturally packed with tons of good nutrition: fibres, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, all from real and whole food sources. No added powders or any strange ingredients. This smoothie is super filling too, so it’s great to make on your way out the door for a busy day.
If you have some picky eaters in your family, feel free to add an extra teaspoon of cocoa powder and maple syrup. No worries, it’ll still be plenty healthy!
P.S. You cannot taste the turmeric in this 😉
P.P.S. If you wanna check out the Personal Blender Vitamix S55, sold exclusively through Williams-Sonoma, click here.
Note: Although Williams-Sonoma provided me with a free product to review, I was not paid to write this article, and you can be sure all opinions are my own! I would never say I liked a product if I didn’t. 🙂
This recipe contains affiliate links for products or brands that I use and recommend.
- 2 cups organic almond milk (or rice milk)
- 1 Tbsp organic raw almond butter (or a handful of soaked almonds)
- 3-4 Tbsp medium B grade organic maple syrup
- ¼ tsp organic Maca powder
- 3-finger pinch organic turmeric powder
- 3-4 Tbsp pure organic cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp raw organic hemp seed hearts
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic & fair-trade banana
- 3 big handfuls organic baby spinach (washed)
- ¾ cup organic beets, peeled
- ½ cup organic or pesticide-free/wild blueberries
- This will make 2 large portions (i.e., meal replacement) or 3 or 4 portions.
- Simply put all the ingredients (in order) in the larger Vitamix container (not the one for smoothie as it wouldn't be big enough), and select the Smoothie + setting. Stop once the texture is smooth and creamy. Add a bit more almond milk if it's too thick.