Ever feel like a sweet bite? You know, not quite dessert, not quite a snack; just a bite, something to satisfy your sweet tooth. Something that’s quick and easy, won’t make a mess in the kitchen and that the whole family will love. Oh and of course, something good for you, healthy, made with real, whole ingredients. Well, here it is, 5 min cashew, peanut butter and chocolate powerballs! Vegan, dairy-free, no refined sugar.
You do need to have pre-soaked cashews, which can be soaking from 10-15 minutes (minimum) to overnight, so no worries about that part, but the actual making is literally 5 minutes (add 5 more minutes if you want to roll them in coconut like I did).
These power balls would also be excellent as a healthy replacement for energy bars/chews while working out/running/hiking/biking, etc. Plenty of whole-food energy. I made these to eat just before running The Color Run 🙂
Next time I make these, I will roll them into ground raw hazelnuts, for extra crunch. Yummy!
5 min Peanut butter, chocolate and cashews power balls (makes about 14-15 small balls)
- 1/2 cup raw organic cashews, soaked at least 10-15 minutes (or up to 8 hours), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted organic dates (approx. 4 large)
- 2 Tbsp organic peanut butter (all-natural, simply crushed peanuts)
- 1 Tbsp organic chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp organic chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 Tbsp organic almond butter
- Simply throw everything in a food processor and pulse until smooth (approx. 30-60 seconds).
- Roll into bite-size balls, either with your hands or using a mini ice cream scoop.
- Roll in shredded coconut, and put on a plate
- Enjoy right away and/or put the plate in the fridge for about 20 minutes, and then transfer into an airtight container and keep in the fridge, for up to 2 weeks.